EU GDPR Compliance - Are you ready?
In April 2016, the EU passed the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), effective may 25, 2018, to strengthen and unify data protection for individuals within the European Union (EU).
Are you prepared?
Will everything be different under the new data protection law? No. The basic principles remain: The usage of personal data is not allowed unless explicitly permitted by a specific law or if the data subject has given consent for the processing of personal data. The principles of transparency, purpose limitation and data minimization remain basic tenets of the new regulation. However, the GDPR does mandate stronger rights for data subjects, more obligations for data processors, higher fines for infringement and certifications as proof of compliance.
Software AG equips you with the means to quickly set up the knowledge base and process framework you need for achieving compliance by the 2018 deadline by offering everything in one solution: business process analysis, enterprise architecture management, IT portfolio management and planning, and GRC practices.
For a full-blown GDPR solution, you can benefit from Software AG’s business & IT transformation portfolio, consisting of ARIS and Alfabet products. Watch out for more information about this topic to come in the next weeks.
ARIS customers can be sure they already have a good solution for GDPR at hand.
Some examples on how ARIS and ARIS Risk & Compliance Manager can support your GDPR project:
- Integrate all GDPR requirements into your process landscape including risks and controls, IT systems and more
- Build awareness among stakeholders and all employees using policy management
- Create and run flexible readiness surveys
- Run data protection impact assessments using risk management
- Check for change tasks and create action plans with ARIS Process Governance and issue management
- Create, evaluate & test controls
- Create incident procedures and handle incidents
- Create audit plans, run and report audits
- Use detailed reports and dashboards
If you want to know more about how to best use the ARIS capabilities for GDPR compliance, please contact your Softweare AG representative.
Please also read the white paper Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) in a Digital World.