How to use company's logo in the standard reports - another way
Tool...........: ARIS Business Architect 7.0.x or higher
OS..............: Windows XP
Note: This article involves changes in the standard files, for this reason I recommend to make a backup of those files before save it.
ARIS platform has a huge variety of standard reports for different goals and contexts (around 100). One of the most widely used customization is the change logos that are generated in the reports.
Most standard reports in Word / PDF use basically two images in the header: one on the left side and one on the right:
I would like to show you another way to get the same result.
For our example we need two images in any of the following formats: GIF, JPG, WMF or EMF:
Tip: You can google and download a small image, duplicate it and rename both.
1) Open ARIS Business Architect, go to the Administration module / [server] / Evaluations / Common files and click the Add button:
2) Add the two images to be used as the logo and check that they appear in the common files list.
3) Left click on the Evaluations folder and press F5 (Refresh)
4) Still in the Common files folder, double click on the file atsallen.js. Note: If the ARIS interface is in a different language than English you should also edit the file atsallxx.js and perform the same steps below according your language acronym. Example: Portuguese (pt) - edit "atsallpt.js" too.
5) Find the line with pictleft / pictright as below (around line 1663). A shortcut to go to there quickly is using the keys: CTRL + G (Go to line number):
Note: If the file has any previous update the line number may vary.
6) Copy the two lines marked up and duplicate them like in the image below:
7) Add the characters "/ /" (slash) at the beginning of lines 1663 and 1664 (it may be another lines for you). This action will comment the lines in case you want to go back to the original configuration of the tool:
8) Replace the contents of the parentheses to the names of the pictures you've created before. Do not forget the quotes "":
9) Save the changes throug the shortcut CTRL + S.
10) Run a standard report such as Model Information and you will see the final result: